Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Where have I been?


Long time no see!
 At least… it feels like it’s been a rather long time. My last post was August 15th! I can’t believe I went that long without even writing a draft of something to post here (although… the list. It still grows. Everything from make up to movies to old 80’s cartoons). I feel quite guilty about it, to be honest. * Poof *! There goes that plan of a daily ½ hour block of time to write. Sigh. Well, if at first you don’t succeed…. 

There’s been a pile of things going on here since I last posted. Perhaps not enough to make a good excuse for not blogging (alright, alright. Definitely not enough. I spent days letting my brain turn to slurpy ok?! I have a little over a week before I have to go back to school to finish the masters. I’m taking advantage of that.) BUT! There have been things. Interesting things. Things I can blog about.
Since last we spoke, er… typed… I’ve had a birthday, been sans Hubby for 10 days, and had the flu (still have the flu actually). These were the major events. I know, they still don’t seem like a lot. But they did manage to take up a CHUNK of time, due to the little things involved. 

On the 12th I celebrated my 28th Birthday. Which is to say I celebrated it on the 11th, because the 12th was a Sunday and I had to work on Monday. It was wonderful. A couple of days before, my way too awesome parents bought me not one, but 2! pairs of shoes and matching purses. I am dearly in love with them and can’t wait to post there here to share. The shoes and purses that is. Not my parents. They wouldn’t appreciate that. 

Back to Birthday. Saturday I went around with a friend in search of a suitable birthday outfit. Hubby had tried very, very hard to keep the whole thing on the DL (Down Low? Or is that term passé now?), with poor results. In sending out messages, he neglected to tell others that this was supposed to be a surprise thing. I was asked by 3 people about the events on Saturday. I had to inform them that I didn’t know, as Hubby was planning it and hadn’t informed me. This was met with varying responses to “Oh crap! I ruined the surprise! I didn’t know!” to glossing it over to make it not a big deal and promptly getting me off the phone. I found it pretty funny. I was still quite surprised too! And I am semi glad that I did find out, since it gave me heads up enough to get something nice to wear, get makeup and hair done, etc.

All in all, it was a blast. Friends came over that I haven’t seen in far too long. There was barbeque, drinks, chatting. No games, but me and girls spent quite a long time around the table having the ‘late night drinking talk’ that is inevitable when liquor is involved. Not the sappy one, mind you, the good kind instead. Apparently it was pretty amusing to the more sober boys who took refuge in the living room, as I was informed by Hubby later the next day. While I was nursing the Wine Flu. ;)
A few days after the Birthday Adventures, I helped Hubby pack and saw him off at the airport. He was gone for 10 days of fun, sun, playing pool and a bit of gambling in Las Vegas. I’m happy to say he had a wonderful time. He and his team made it quite high in the competition, coming in the 60s range, out of 460 teams. I was so proud! Once the boys were out of the competition, that’s when the fun began. They gambled, they drank, they bought things. Another proud point: Hubby didn’t over spend, over gamble, or over buy and still had a blast. He actually came home UNDER budget. On top of that (yes! More!) he is a wonderful, fabulous husband. He went to Sephora and MAC to purchase makeup for me, since we don’t have either of those stores here (which makes me all kinds of sad. Here that Sephora and MAC?! We need you here in Newfoundland!). I gave him a list of about 11 items hoping he’d come home with about 4, maybe 5 if I was lucky. He came home with 6 items, plus the little bonuses that Sephora gives you when you spend whatever amount. There will be more about that later. There’s actually too much to try and smash in here.

While Hubby was away, the only thing I really got to do was work and be sick. Actually, I’m still fighting the flu. It’s brutal. You seem alright at first, then it comes by and kicks you in the pants saying “NO!”

I did get to do a simple little craft on a “craft night” with a friend, watched all the episodes of Toddlers and Tiaras (what can I say, it’s trainwreck that I can’t tear my eyes away from. And the social psychologist training is just making it sooo fascinating). Picked up some pretty sweat clothes at a killer sale at Aeropostale  Took Jessie, my 8 year old puppy, to the vet and found she is probably suffering from allergies. So we’ve cut out the little bit of dairy she gets. The vet also told us she’s overweight. Chubby was the word she used. So on top of giving her some meds to take care of the allergies, we’re cutting her food by a quarter. She’s dealing, but we get extra sad puppy eyes for not giving her things like egg and yogurt. anymore. Picked up Hubby Thursday night, Friday night I was over with some friends. Today is at home, suffering through this flu.

So there it is. The crib notes version of where I’ve been and whats going on. I’ve done other small things, there’s definitely been some other items picked up that I’ll be sharing, other things on the list I wanted to get to (though some of them are getting to the dated stage. Post them anyway?)
By now you may have noticed the new blog look! A bestie picked this one out for me. It became my favourite as well. I just need to figure out how to tweak a few things. Like that title. The colour and font needs to change. But... my tweaking hasn’t been successful so far. Must learn MOAR! And I’d love to have some of my own pictures in there. Eventually I’m sure…

Well, it’s time to close this entry up, it’s long enough as it is!

Till next time.  



P.S.: One more thing! My brother-in-law and his girlfriend found a new apartment! Very excited for them, as it’s in town and easy to visit. A bonus is that I get my sewing/art/craft room! They need a couch, and we have a spare futon. So they’ll be taking the futon, making space in the extra room for me! Yay!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment