Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Be Fit and Have Fun - Take 3

Hello!

By now we should know what time it is: Work Out Check in time. Sadly, the news isn't as great as it's been previous... :(

B: 38
W: 30.02
H: 39.5
LL: 24
RL: 23.8
LA: 12
RA: 12.5

148.2 LBS.

Inches Lost This Week: 0! I gained .6
Weight Lost This Week: Also 0! I gained back the 1.4 :'(

I have to admit, I was a bit crushed by this discovery. I'll also admit that I had slip ups. Saturday was just a day of terrible eating and drinking. And supper on Thursday was a wash as well. But I continued doing an exercise each day (Although I did split up one workout on each day as well.

I was pretty bummed to see the numbers, but after doing a little internet research to see if it's just me losing my motivation or if its part of the program, I've found that I don't need to lose heart just yet!

This website here explains it best: http://www.thefitclubnetwork.com/2011/08/gaining-weight-early-in-the-p90x-workout/ . But for those that don't want to read the whole thing, here's the cribs notes version:

With a new exercise program, you'll sometimes make teeny tears in the muscle. In response to this bit of damage, the body makes the muscle retains fluid for protection, becoming a little swollen and inflamed. This can cause up to 3 or 4 lbs in TEMPORARY weight gain. Many people can probably associate this with sore muscles, but some people get it without the soreness (I'm am not one of these lucky individuals). In the long run, as you keep going, it will work itself out, and it won't be a permanent gain.

So it seems that what I'm experiencing is muscle gain and probably some water retention (because I'm telling you, my booty is certainly feeling it this morning from a workout 2 days ago. And I'm holding to that like it's the last floating log in a swift current). Also, the rest of this week is all cardio, plus my 2 running days. I may also add in 2 extra ab workouts, because really, the belly is what I'd like to see shrink.

Sorry this is coming a little later in the day. It's been a busy day for me.  See you all next week! (Maybe earlier if I have something of interest to blog about)

-B

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment